Terms & Conditions
General terms and conditions of LIEF Coaching, practice for coaching & training
- Dec 2021
If you want to be eligible for guidance by Paulien Elzinga, the coach of LIEF Coaching, you are requested to agree to the following General Terms and Conditions:
- LIEF Coaching, i.e. Paulien Elzinga, is approachable as a legal person.
- These General Terms and Conditions apply to all coaching processes, entered into both verbally and in writing between the coach and client.
- The coach draws the client's attention to the General Terms and Conditions on first acquaintance by sharing the General Terms and Conditions with the client. These are stated on the intake form that the client completes before the first session.
- By continuing the contact and returning the completed intake form to LIEF Coaching before the first session, the client indicates that he has read and accepted these general terms and conditions.
- When the conditions of the client conflict with the conditions of LIEF Coaching, the conditions of LIEF Coaching apply. Any stipulation to the contrary in the terms and conditions of the client does not affect the foregoing.
2: Coaching trajectories
- A coaching process consists of a 'first coaching session’ possibly followed by follow-up sessions, the number of which is agreed upon in mutual consultation.
- A coaching session is established through written acceptance of the application or through an oral agreement.
- A session lasts about an hour.
- An hourly rate applies for a session, as stated at part 2 on the intake form that the client completes before the first session, and as stated on the website (www.liefcoaching.nl).
- The client is aware that the sessions are not reimbursed by an insurer.
- The session will be held via Zoom at the agreed time and day. The client will be provided with a unique personal Zoom link before the session, which will be the same link for follow-up sessions. The client should take extra time before the first session to download and install the Zoom Application onto his or her device.
3: Canceling appointments
- Agreed sessions can be moved free of charge if this is reported by email to LIEF Coaching no later than 48 hours before the appointment.
- In all other cases, LIEF Coaching will charge the client the hourly rate used. This amount includes VAT.
- If the coach cancels the appointment, the client's obligation to pay for the consultation lapses.
4: End of the coaching trajectory
- Both parties can terminate the agreement in writing or verbally at any time. Outstanding amounts arising from the sessions conducted are immediately due and payable.
- If contact is unilaterally terminated by the coach or is not continued after introduction, referral to another practitioner or institution will be arranged if desired.
5: Billing and payment
- Payment must be made upon receipt of an invoice. The client will receive the invoice at the end of the month in which the client received the coaching.
- Payment of an invoice must be made within 14 days.
- If the client remains in default with regard to the payment term of 14 days, the client is legally in default. In these cases, the client is responsible for the payment of all collection costs.
- If the client does not comply with the payments, the coaching process will be stopped with immediate effect.
- LIEF Coaching is not responsible for the client's outcomes. It is the coach her job to show the client the opportunities and possibilities available. To be a guide and support the client in his or her own healing process. The coach will support the client the best way she can and with the best intentions at heart.
- The client is at all times, both within and outside LIEF Coaching, responsible for his/her own behavior and the consequences thereof. LIEF Coaching and the coach are in no way liable for any damage that in the eyes of the client or third parties would have been caused by the contact. This includes situations where the client injures himself, makes suicidal attempts, or commits suicide.
- LIEF Coaching and the coach are not liable for inaccuracy or incompleteness in the data provided by or on behalf of the client. For example, in case the client deliberately withholds important information about his or her past or current life which would affect the decisions and actions of the coach if she had known.
- The coach will always endeavor to remain honest with the client and ask the client to endeavor to remain honest with the coach so that they can work effectively together.
7: Confidentiality of Client Data
- The coach is bound by the personal Code of Ethics, which includes the responsibility to manage the client's information confidentiality in line with AVG/GDPR as outlined in the Data Protection Policy.
- All information arising from the coaching trajectories is subject to the professional secrecy of the coach, who works GDPR compliant (General Data Protection Regulation).
- In the event of a necessary external consultation structure outside LIEF Coaching – such as consultation with a general practitioner – permission will first be requested from the client.
- If the client does not agree with the provision of data, the client can indicate this to the coach.
- The client has the right to inspect and/or a copy of his/her file, with the exception of the coach's personal (work) notes.
- There are situations in which the coach has a moral and legal obligation to break confidentiality:
- Where the client has provided written consent for confidentiality to be broken and for information to be shared with another person or organization
- Where the coach is compelled to by a court of law
- Where the information is of such gravity that confidentiality cannot be maintained. This includes instances in which the coach considers the client or others to be in imminent danger and requiring outside assistance. The coach will always attempt to speak to the client before breaking confidentiality
8: Quality Management and Dispute Resolution
- The coach will carry out the coaching process to the best of his knowledge and ability and in accordance with the requirements of good workmanship.
- If the coach says or does something that upsets the client or simply does not feel right, please talk about it with the coach so there is a chance to resolve it and move forward. The coach is committed to reviewing her work with regard to the client's feedback to maintain good practice. The coaching relationship thrives upon honesty.
- Although LIEF Coaching is not affiliated with a professional association, LIEF Coaching works in accordance with the professional rules of conduct that generally apply to counselors and coaches, including the professional code of ethics and participation in peer supervision and supervision.
- Complaints about services provided must be confirmed in writing by the client. Making a complaint does not release the client from his payment obligation.
- All disputes that may arise between the coach and the client and which are not described in these terms and conditions, will in the first place be settled in good consultation and otherwise, the coach may ask a supervisor to mediate. If no agreement can be reached, the dispute will be subject to the judgment of Dutch law.
9: Applicable law
- Dutch law applies to every agreement between LIEF Coaching and the client.
- These general terms and conditions can be viewed from the LIEF Coaching site.
- The most recent version placed on the site or the version that applied at the time of the conclusion of the agreement is always applicable.